Chef Dubbbs

Foodies, Fatties & Fame ~ A Culinary Journey

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Journey Into Blogging

So here it goes.....for several years I have toyed with the idea of starting a blog about all of my culinary experiences yet have never taken the leap.  I figured, who really cares what I have to say and I didn't want to join the ranks of pseudo foodies that jumped on the Julie and Julia bandwagon after the movie came out.  I have always been one to explore new neighborhoods in search of different ingredients, and new restaurants, especially here in my hometown of Chicago, where you can travel to a different part of the world often times just by walking a few blocks in another direction.  Recently I changed careers after 16 years and I am now doing what I love, and have begun to really experience the culinary world from within.  It is now time, I decided, to begin blogging, not so much for others to read, but for me to keep a journal of my culinary experiences so that one day I can look back and say, well I might be broke, but I go to work everyday doing what I love.  

It seems to me that everywhere you look nowadays people are talking about food, whats wrong with food, whats right with food, who's not getting enough of it, who's getting too much of it.  With the recent invention of the "celebrity chef" attention on the culinary world has increased a hundred fold.  In my new career, my colleagues talk about chef's and restaurants with the same enthusiasm as most people talk about their favorite athletes and stadiums.  I always think someone needs to invent Chef trading cards, and sell them like baseball cards, but then again, I'd probably be the only one to buy them......

I have found , that when people find out that you are a Chef, or work in the food industry, their eyes light up and suddenly you become the most important person in the room. I think there is an old quote out there, that says something like "he who can cook well, will always have friends", or something like that. Whatever the quote is, the meaning for me is true.   I recently started a fan page on Facebook to share my recipes because I was tired of re-typing recipes for things I have made that people love, now I can tell my friends, "it's on my fb page" and ever since, have become the "go to girl" for anything to do with food, or eating or drinking and I LOVE it.  It has motivated me to expand my knowledge even further and I have taken on the lifelong project of learning all I can about food.  Where to buy it, how to grow it, how to make it, the best places to eat it, and on and on.  So here we are, my first blog, love it or hate it, its mostly for me to keep track of my life experiences but if you care to be an active participant, please feel free to continue to follow me through my culinary journeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment